The high temperatures continue to be protagonists throughout the Spanish territory, looking for alternatives to cool off becomes a priority during these days, for that reason, we want to tell you how to buy tickets for the pools in Madrid. We invite you to read the entire article, because if you go directly to the ticket offices of the establishments, the most likely thing is that you will not be able to access it and you will have to return another time. Today we will give you some advice, we will tell you what are the hours of the municipal swimming pools in Madrid and, of course, how to book your ticket.
With the arrival of the summer season, as every year, the opening of the municipal swimming pools in the capital is inaugurated, this time from May 13 to September 10, 2023. During these dates of intense heat, getting a ticket to one of the swimming pools becomes a daunting task, especially for people who work and have office hours, since sports centers tend to fill up quickly on weekends. For this reason it is essential that you schedule, below we will tell you how much the tickets for the swimming pools in Madrid cost and how to get one of them.
Later we will also recommend a pool to go with the family where, in addition to cooling off with a dip next to your loved ones, you can be in total contact with nature and disconnect from the noise and stress of everyday life.
Hours of the municipal swimming pools of Madrid 2023
Take note because this is important, the pool hours in Madrid are arranged in two shifts: one in the morning (from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and another in the afternoon (from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.) from Monday to Sunday. Between 3 and 4 p.m. no one can be in the premises, since this time is used for general cleaning of the pool and surroundings.
How to buy tickets for swimming pools in Madrid: step by step
To buy tickets for the municipal swimming pools in Madrid you have two options: through the Sports website or through the application Madrid Mobile. A very important fact to keep in mind is that you can only buy tickets 48 hours before the start of the next shift.
Through the Sports web portal
- Once inside the web, you will have to identify yourself with some of the credential options that are requested.
- You will see a list of various categories, and you should go to the one that says “Free use tickets” and then to “Summer pools”.
- The complete list of sports centers with swimming pools will be displayed and you must choose the one that best suits you.
- Once the pool is selected, you can choose the day and time (we remind you, tickets can be reserved 48 hours before the date you want to go).
- Review carefully everything you have selected and then you will have the final option to pay.
- Once you have paid, you will receive the purchase confirmation and a QR code essential to access the pool by email.
Through the Madrid Mobile application
- Once inside the application, swipe until you find “Madrid sports” and click.
- Click on “Free use tickets” and then on “Summer pools”.
- Click on “Buy tickets”, find the sports center you want to go to and select it.
- You will have to select the day and the shift in which you want to attend.
- Now you must choose the number and type of tickets you want and then click on “Continue”.
- Carefully review the purchase data and click “Continue”.
- You will receive an email with the purchase confirmation and the QR code to access the selected pool. New this year, people with the app will have the code right on their phone.
At the ticket offices of sports centers
This is the least recommended option, a small percentage of tickets are reserved and will be sold at the box office of each sports center 30 minutes before the start of each shift, but they are mainly intended for people over 65, madridmayor.es card holders and special sports card holders. Only in exceptions are these tickets sold to a different public, so the best option to ensure access to the pool is to buy the tickets electronically.
What is the price of the entrance to the swimming pools in Madrid?
Below we present the access fee to the swimming pools of the capital, these prices are for the entry of a daily shift and are classified by categories according to age.
- Children under 5 years old – Free access
- Children (from 5 to 14 years old) – 1.35 euros
- Youth (15 to 26 years old) – 1.80 euros
- Adult (from 27 to 64 years old) – 2.25 euros
- Senior (from 65 years) – 0.70 euros
As an important fact, unemployed people will have a 70% reduction on the general price of the rate, for it to become effective, people must identify themselves in the online purchase and be registered at the sports center in question with the type of special sport unemployed.
Holders of a special sports card for people with disabilities will have a 100% reduction in the rate.
List of municipal swimming pools in Madrid
The Madrid City Council announced the total opening of 23 summer pools, this is the complete list:
- Alfredo Goyeneche Municipal Sports Center
- Alcántara Municipal Sports Center
- Municipal Sports Center María Jesús Rosa (La Vaguada)
- Aluche Municipal Sports Center
- Antonio Díaz Miguel Municipal Sports Center
- Barajas Municipal Sports Center
- Blanca Fernández Ochoa Municipal Sports Center (La Mina)
- Casa de Campo Municipal Sports Center
- Cea Bermúdez Municipal Sports Center
- Municipal Sports Center Integrated Center Arganzuela
- Cerro Almodóvar Municipal Sports Center
- Chamartín Municipal Sports Center
- Concepción Municipal Sports Center
- Daoíz and Velarde Municipal Sports Center 1
- El Espinillo Municipal Sports Center
- El Quijote Municipal Sports Center (formerly Francos Rodríguez)
- Entrevías Municipal Sports Center
- Municipal Sports Center San Antón Schools
- Fabian Roncero Municipal Sports Center
- Faustina Valladolid Municipal Sports Center (formerly Valdebernardo)
- Fernando Martin Municipal Sports Center
- Francisco Fernández Ochoa Municipal Sports Center
- Municipal Sports Center Fuente del Berro
- Gallur Municipal Sports Center
- Municipal Sports Center Moscardó Gymnasium
Tickets for the El Pardo Shooting Club pool
For those people who are looking for a little more tranquility, less haste and, in addition to a pool, being able to enjoy different natural spaces, the El Pardo Shooting Club pool is an excellent option. This is the perfect plan to go with the family, where everyone can take a dip and cool off, while enjoying one of the best-kept forests in all of Europe: El Pardo. Tickets for this pool, through Fever, have different prices:
- Children (from 4 to 12 years old) – 4.95 euros.
- Adult (Over 13 years) – 8.50 euros.
- Person with reduced mobility: 3.55 euros.
The pool hours are from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and in addition to swimming and having fun, everyone can enjoy their gastronomic proposal in the same club, so it is an activity to do throughout the day.
Pools of the Community of Madrid
In total there are four swimming pools that depend on the Community of Madrid:
- Canal de Isabel II Sports Facility (Avenida de Filipinas, 54).
- Puerta de Hierro Sports Park (Carretera de la Coruña, km. 7).
- San Vicente de Paul Sports Facilities (Calle del Pelícano, 4).
- Sports Center M86 (Calle de José Martínez de Velasco, 3).
For these pools, the hours change, from Monday to Sunday they can be visited from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (continuous hours) and will be open until September 9, 2023.
In this case, tickets can be purchased through the Community of Madrid website and the prices also change with respect to the other municipal swimming pools, the rates are as follows:
- Free admission: from 0 to 2 years old, people with disabilities of 33% and over and holders of the Youth Card of the Community of Madrid.
- Reduced ticket: 3.50 euros.
- General admission: 5 euros.