This Tuesday, March 28, the Ferrovial case reaches Congress. It does so with a non-legal proposal presented by the Bildu group, which claims to prevent the company relocation, the return of public funds obtained and the maintenance of employment. Thus, and in line with what the ministers of Podemos claimed at the start of the controversy, the Government is urged to “prepare, develop and approve the necessary legislation” for said actions in order to “recover the aid granted by the European Union to the companies if it relocates its activities before eight years have elapsed from the granting of the aid”.
- waiting for the inflation data which will be announced during the week, the markets are beginning to discount the end of the interest rate rises, in anticipation of a cooling in prices. Today, without notable references, attention is focused on the appearance of the president of the bank of england (BoE), Andrew Bailey, as well as that of the president of the European Central BankChristine Lagarde.
- Last week, the BoE raised interest rates by 25 basis points, after learning that in February inflation rebounded in the United Kingdom to 10.4%, three tenths more than the previous month, due to the rise in food prices . For its part, the ECB increased them by another 50 basis points. Lagarde defends the primary objective of curbing inflation, but avoiding committing to further rate hikes. From JSS Sustainable AM they consider that two rate hikes of 25 basis points, in May and June, are consistent with the ECB’s message and its macroeconomic forecasts.
- naturgy holds a shareholders’ meeting starting at 9:00 a.m. and in which, in addition to approving the latest accounts, the re-election of Francisco Reynés as CEO of the entity for another four years will be voted on
- In Brussels, it is celebrated Council of Energy Ministers at a time of constant debate among member countries on the development of policies related to the sector.
- He Minister council meets from 11:30 a.m. to crystallize, among other matters, the appointments of the new Ministers of Industry and Health, Héctor Gómez and José Manuel Miñones, respectively, who will assume the portfolios first thing in the oath or promise before the King and in his departments. At the Executive meeting, the text of the new Family Lawwhich equates the rights of de facto couples to those of married couples, includes a paid leave of five days a year to care for a relative or cohabitant and extends the benefits of large families to single parents with two children.
- He Bank of Spain post your Supervision Memory of the year 2022.
- The Senate hosts a plenary session starting at 4:00 p.m., without the Prime Minister and, therefore, with the economic vice president, Nadia Calvino, of main member of the Executive. She will be questioned, precisely, by the PP spokesman in the Upper House, Javier Maroto, about the current economic situation in Spain.
- The Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration reports on the evolution of the contributory pensions to March of this year.
- The INE publishes at 9:00 a.m. the Business turnover index from January. In December, the indicator ended the year with a rise of 15.6%. The National Institute of Statistics also offers various figures on the resident tourismthat is, of national tourism, at the end of the year 2022.
- In USA, The Conference Board Consumer Confidence is published. It is expected to stand at 101 from the previous 102.9.
And something to keep in mind: 400 million. It is the aid that Alitalia received from the Government of his country and that Brussels now declares illegal.
News that will still talk
If you want to receive this agenda first thing in the morning, you can subscribe at this link
Follow all the information of Five days in Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin