This Monday, April 3, a week starts at half throttle but always with outstanding data as corresponds to the first days of each month. With the arrival of Holy Week, one of the best moments for the Spanish tourism and hospitality sector begins. Inflation has not managed to erode the desire to disconnect and the forecasts of the Corporate Association of Specialized Travel Agencies (ACAVE) predict a hotel occupancy of around 80% and 15% more reservations in travel agencies compared to last year , with prices also on the rise and pointing to a record summer. Although political activity will slow down due to the holidays both in Congress and in the Senate, economic news continues its course with outstanding data such as registered unemployment and Social Security affiliation for March, which are known on Tuesday.
- On the dividend schedule, Ebro Foods remunerates its shareholders with a gross payment of 0.19 euros per share. Wednesday will be the turn of BBVAwhich will pay 0.31 euros per share.
- On the occasion of Holy Week, the Spanish stock market It will be open from Monday to Thursday and will close on Good Friday and next Easter Monday. The Ibex arrives with a bittersweet balance sheet at the close of last Friday’s edition: on the one hand, it ended the week with a cumulative rise of 5%, but it also took a step back in March as a whole, after a bank shock that The market is still trying to recover.
- As the main macroeconomic reference in Spain throughout this week, on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. the data for unemployment and affiliation of the month of March. Beyond Spain, the main course will come on Friday, when the strike in the United States will be detailed.
- For this Monday, the INE breaks down at 9:00 the tourist movements at borders and visitor spending for the month of February. The data for January already showed a 65% increase in the number of tourists compared to the same month in 2022.
- The motor employers’ associations in Spain report on the registrations for the month of March. So far this year, car sales accumulate significant increases.
- Clues are also published that will allow peeking into the state of health of the manufacturing sector at the hands of the PMI indices Spain, Germany and the eurozone among others.
- In Asia, eyes fall on China’s March Caixin Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index. The market is expecting a continued recovery in the world’s real factory economy. The consensus estimate is for a March figure of 51.5, up from February’s 51.6 figure. The US Institute of Supply Management (ISM) manufacturing index for March will also be released.
And something to keep in mind: 3.647%. The average Euribor rate during the month of March. The mortgage review has been getting more expensive for 15 months in a row.
News that will still talk
If you want to receive this agenda first thing in the morning, you can subscribe at this link
Follow all the information of Five days in Facebook, Twitter and Linkedinor in our newsletter Five Day Agenda