This Friday, March 31, It is a big day for shareholder meetings in Spain. Three of the most important companies on the Ibex celebrate their most important event. CaixaBank, thus, put to the vote the re-election of the CEO, Gonzalo Gortázar, as executive director for another four years, and the appointment of Peter Löscher as independent director to fill the vacancy of John S. Reed, who submitted his resignation; It is also proposed to distribute 1,730 million in dividends and an increase in the remuneration of executive directors. For his part, Santander vote for the re-election of Ana Botín and the ratification of the appointment and re-election of Héctor Grisi as director. Likewise, the remuneration policy for directors will be put to the vote. Finally, telephone It also holds a shareholders’ meeting, with the remuneration plan on the table.
- The address of Ford Spain He sits down again with the unions to discuss the scope of the ERE that the company wants to apply at the Almussafes plant, which, in principle, affects 19% of the workforce, just over 1,100 workers.
- The President of the European Central Bank, christine lagardeappears before the European Council, in Brussels (at 17:00).
- The Bank of Spain reports on the public debt of the different public administrations at the end of 2022. Likewise, it reports on the progress of the balance of payments corresponding to January.
- Continue on investors’ radar inflation data. today is published Advance CPI for the euro area for March. It is expected to fall to 7.2% (from 8.5% previously), marking the fifth consecutive decline from last October’s high of 10.6%. If it meets expectations, it would be the largest percentage drop of the year, largely driven by the base effect: Russia invaded Ukraine in late February of last year, and commodity prices were highest in March. energetic. “Although this data could mean a breather for the European Central Bank, there is concern that it could pick up again in the following months,” says XTB analyst Joaquín Robles.
- In Europe they are also known euro zone unemployment rateGerman retail sales for February and UK fourth quarter GDP.
- In USA the Consumption Deflator (PCE) is known. This is relevant data for the Federal Reserve (Fed) and now stands at 5.4%. Also released are the Chicago PMI and the five-year inflation forecasts from the University of Michigan.
- In the region Pacific Asia, the key indicators are China’s manufacturing PMI and current account balance. In Japan, the unemployment rate and the evolution of retail sales are reported for February.
- Also in the Far East, the official visit of the Spanish president continues, Pedro Sanchez, with an agenda that includes a meeting with the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping, as well as a series of meetings with Spanish and Chinese businessmen in various forums.
- The economic vice president, Nadia Calvino, participate in the forum Towards a New Economic Paradigm?at the London School of Economics, in London, at 4:00 p.m. (Spanish time).
And something to keep in mind: 12 years. It is the maximum time that an employee could request to take advantage of teleworking, according to the new Family Law.
News that will still talk
If you want to receive this agenda first thing in the morning, you can subscribe at this link
Follow all the information of Five days in Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin