This Monday, March 27, A week begins where it is time to divert the focus from central banks to their main obsession: inflation. If the supervisors were the protagonists last week, without forgetting the fluctuations of the markets, now it is the turn to new price data which, in turn, will be key to knowing the course that the monetary authorities will take in future appointments. Numerous European economies, including Spain, France, Germany and the Eurozone itself, will release preliminary CPI data for March. These data will be published between Thursday and Friday.
- On Wednesday, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Chairman Martin Gruenberg and Federal Reserve (Fed) Board of Governors Vice Chairman Michael Barr appear before the committee on House Oversight American to talk about the falls of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank.
- And in the dividend section, today is the last day to buy shares if you want to collect the dividend from bankinter which will become effective on the 30th. The amount thereof amounts to 0.08931 gross euros per share and is a final dividend.
- In the business sphere, once the presentation of 2022 results is closed, the shareholder meetings pick up speed. If the ones in Sabadell and Bankinter took place last week, in the coming days Naturgy (Tuesday), Unicaja (Thursday), Santander, CaixaBank and Telephone (Friday) They have an appointment with their shareholders.
- In Brussels, the European Court of Auditors publishes a report on freight transport in the EU.
- The Bank of Spain publishes the quarterly note on the main economic-financial indicators of non-financial companies (turnover, results and profitability) corresponding to the fourth quarter of 2022.
- The National Statistics Institute (INE) disseminates data on the mortgages signed in January 2023. In the whole of 2022 the number of mortgages on homes grew by 10.9% and their average amount by 5.8%.
- Investors in the Eurozone will focus today on the publication of the ifo survey which measures the business climate in Germany. Both the expectations indicator and the current situation indicator are expected to remain stable, with slight falls.
- In USAFollowing the Fed’s decision to raise interest rates 25 basis points to the 4.75%-5.0% range, investors will keep their eyes on the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index at the beginning of the week, which will show the evolution of the manufacturing sector. In this sense, the normalization of the global value chain continues to contribute to the stabilization of the manufacturing sector. Specifically, it is expected that the index in March will continue to improve until reaching -11.0 points (2.5 percentage point increase compared to February).
- In turn, it will also be important to know the Consumer Deflator (PCE) in the United States on Friday, relevant data for the Federal Reserve (Fed) and which is now at 5.4%, so nervousness will be assured .
- The week will end on the other side of the Atlantic with the publication of the definitive data on the evolution of the GDP in the fourth quarter 2022. Analysts expect a slight improvement in economic activity given the resilience of household consumption. At the same time, the evolution of personal income and expenses in February will be known, which would fall across the board in a context marked by the tightening of financial conditions. Likewise, the Confidence Index of the University of Michigan will be published, which would remain at a level similar to that registered the previous month.
- In New York, a jury is considering possible charges against the former president donald trump in the case of payment hush money to the porn star Stormy Daniels.
And something to keep in mind: 34.6%. It is the improvement in profit that the Bank of Spain obtained last year thanks to the sovereign debt rate policy.
News that will still talk
If you want to receive this agenda first thing in the morning, you can subscribe at this link
Follow all the information of Five days in Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin